Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Feeed me!

I'm human like you

You're human like me
We're all humans
But our nature far apart

On the streets we strive
we only hope to survive
my self-esteem is lost
now just a walking corpse

You look at me as hopeless
I perceive you as heartless
I never pray to be like you
You never wish you were me

you've got great dreams
I once had those I think
you've got all you need
I cry daily even to feed

I'm that child you ignored
as you walked past this morn
I buried my brother yesterday
while I cried in pain of loss and of food

all I need from you is a token
just to feed
just to stay alive
just to see tomorrow

don't shout at me
don't shut your windows at me
don't you turn deaf ears
as my look says, "Feeed me"
She has dreams like you...

Every 3.6 seconds, someone dies of hunger, 75% of them are children

Nearly one in four people, 1.3 billion - a majority of humanity - live on less than $1 per day, while the world's 358 billionaires have assets exceeding the combined annual incomes of countries with 45 percent of the world's people. UNICEF

Only a well-fed child will think of having dreams, or aspirations, or listening to your seminar on Change. 
Don't neglect that child on the street. N50 spent on that snack could make a difference...Give and you will never lack. Never. It's a fact!

          

2 comments:

  1. this is wat i live for and will die for, really touching matter. Hope have you eaten foundation has seen this. Gud job bro....pls kip writing

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the passion embedded in those words man. I posted it on their wall first. All the best!

    ReplyDelete